l'atelier | create your own personal companion
Price: based on your request
With l’atelier, you can request how you'd like to customise your next leather companion.
Get inspired by our examples and then get in touch using the request form. We look forward to receiving your ideas and helping make your leather dreams come true.
how it works
1. Contact us using the personalisation request form and give us as much information as you can about your special leather companion.
2. Steffi, our leather designer, and the l’atelier team will review your request and get back to you with any questions, and then provide you with cost details and a timeframe for production.
If you have any questions, Steffi will advise you on the possibilities and guide you through the process.
3. Sit back and relax. We will keep you updated about the making of your new companion and when it will arrive.
The entire process usually takes around 2 - 4 weeks.
what can I personalise?
You can choose any leather colour & product from our catalogue and use it as a starting point for your design.
From there you can customise the: colour combinations, shape, size and thread stitching colour, or tell us if you want anything extra. You can also request something which isn't currenly available on our website and we will assess if this is possible.
Here are some of our most popular l'atelier ideas:
- le portfolio [a6], [a5], [a4], le square wallet or le porte-plume in two or more leather colours
- le portfolio, le porte-plume, le square wallet or le sleeve MacBook case finished with edge stitching in a different colour thread
- grand voyageur leather journal in a custom size to match your needs
- and much more!
All our leather products are handmade in our workshop in Vienna using the finest quality, vegetable-tanned vachetta leather. Our leather comes from a family-run tannery in Tuscany, Italy and is certified by the "Genuine Italian Vegetable-Tanned Leather Consortium (Pelle al Vegetale)". The leather is tanned using only natural raw materials in a traditional and eco-friendly process. No chrome is used in the tanning process.
We use solely acid-free, FSC and PEFC-certified paper made in traditional paper mills in Europe. All our notebooks are printed in Vienna with eco-friendly, vegetable-based inks.
contact l'atelier team
If you would like to contact the l'atelier team directly for any reason, you can do so at email@example.com
Notify me when available
Register to receive a notification when l'atelier | create your own personal companion comes back in stock.
(noun): a workshop of an artist, artisan, or designer.
it's a unique journey
Each l'atelier custom request is special to us and no two pieces are ever made in the same exact way. From the moment we get your request, it marks the beginning of a new journey and the end result is a once-off, hand made piece.
We love it and it's what makes us happy: seeing our customers get what they want.
a step above the normal
A l'atelier custom piece is special: an entire team will work on your request and craft it to completion.
Your unique item will be a signature edition, with a personalised thank you card and photograph of the leather expert who signed off on the final product.
It will then be shipped to you in a special l'atelier wrapped package.
We believe in slow production
L’atelier is our response to today’s fast-paced world, where mass production is the norm and goods are made to have a short lifespan.
We want to avoid overproduction and unnecessary stock by only producing the right quantity and on demand.