we are hiring
Digital UX User Experience Executive (Ecommerce, Software and UX)
Part time position or freelancer position – 20hrs per week
paper republic is one of the leading manufacturers of premium notebooks in Europe. We sell online worldwide from our workshop in Vienna, Austria. We are a dynamic international team of 25 people with more than 10 nationalities who like to develop and implement ideas together.
We are looking for a Digital Customer User Experience Executive to assist our Head of Marketing to keep our online shop up to date and ensure the best possible journey for customers before, during and after purchase.
What the role involves:
You are the driving force behind the user experience improvement of the paper republic website.
We want to make our customers lives easier so they can view our products, easily browse our website, and successfully complete their online journey with the greatest ease. The role requires an understanding of customer needs (user experience) and how it can be managed through our online structure (software management).
This means working within our Shopify Ecommerce software and our Klaviyo newsletter database Software.
It is important you can grow into the role and work independently to make decisions - although onboarding will be given into how we work, it is expected for you to be able to make future decisions and implement change.
How you will work:
You will be in the Marketing team and will be working with, and reporting to, the Marketing director. The position is remote and is not tied to a specific place of residence, although being in Vienna means you can work in our office.
Your daily role will be focused on the customer journey on website: identifying customer improvements from a UX perspective: for example, analysing landing pages, products pages and proposing changes to your manager and briefing the developers to implement changes.
You are also directly in charge of product & website management: creating products and collections, managing meta data values, managing the product catalogue and homepage, navigation, upsell & cross sell recommendations, ensuring information for products are gathered from content team, including the translated content, uploading images & videos.
You will also oversee back-end updates and manage the theme and ensure any projects are implemented through planning, testing, launch and on-going smooth running.
You will have an understanding of Shopify scripts and flow management to build offers and automatic discounts for customers, alongside ensuring internal tracking of orders and and tagging is applied to specific orders and customers for use in our email platform.
Within Klaviyo, our email platform, you will be ensuring all data from Shopify is connected and is available to build useable segments to offer tailored automatic emails which will be sent to customers based on their interaction from our website.
You will create occasional reports from within Shopify, Google Analytics or Klaviyo to ensure the progress of user experience improvement is trackable.
As well as working within the Marketing team, you will share information and ideas to the Social Media Team, the Creative team and Content Creation/Translation teams. Our website is in English, German and French. A high level of English is a must, and any other languages are a benefit. We have dedicated German and French translators and it is not expected for you to translate content.
- At least 1 years in a UX position (user experience) in agency, in house or as freelancer
- E-commerce/CMS Software experience (Shopify or Shopify Plus is a clear advantage)
- Email Software experience (ideally Klaviyo)
- Understanding of Liquid/HTML
- High level of English
- Use of 3rd party apps from Shopify platform
- Shopify Apps Experience: Flow, Scripts, Launchpad
- Photo editing and video editing a plus
- Understanding on Tracking Pixels and Analytics
- A background in advertising or marketing is desirable as you will be working with creative copy writing with a focus on sales
We offer you:
- A fulfilling job with a young, innovative and international team
- Integration into a dynamic, fast-growing company
- Flexible working hours and structured work processes
- A non-hierarchical company structure with plenty of room for personal initiative
- Interesting development opportunities
- paper republic employee benefits (50% discount on all our products)
- Remuneration starting from €1,000 per month based on experience
How to apply:
Send your CV to Paul (email@example.com) and tell us why YOU would be a good fit for our team! We look forward to receiving your application!
If possible, please include some examples of your prior work.